CLASSIFIED AD RATES FOR INDIVIDUALS
Secondhand News Plus has implemented the following classified ad policies. Please note changes related to ‘free’ and ‘paid’ classifieds.
All prices are based on ads placed by the same party/individual. Business rates differ (see definition of a business below). Paid classifieds for individuals are charged at the PER AD RATE of $3.50 per week or $12 for 4 weeks (unless otherwise indicated). PLEASE SEE our 'paid ad' criteria listed below.
Photo ads (classified ad description with photo, listed within our classified columns), are $8/week or $15 for 2 weeks, black & white ($15/week or $25 for 2 weeks, color).
If your classified ad requires payment, you may still submit your ad online prior to our deadline, noon on Monday. However you will need to submit payment (see payment methods below) prior to noon on Tuesday— otherwise, your ad will not run until the following week. Unpublished ads that remain unpaid after 14 days will be deleted from our records.
•Drop a check by our office at 101 N. Jefferson Ave. (inside Baron Cooper's Photography Studio, next to Cutter's Edge Salon)
•Mail a check or money order to: Secondhand News Plus, PO Box 979, West Jefferson, NC 28694. To insure proper credit, please be sure to write the phone number you are using on your classified ad in the memo section of your check
•Pay by credit/debit card over the phone (you will need to call our office, 336-846-7469. We do not offer online payment at this time.)
We DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS if you sell your item before the allotted (paid for) time is up. For example, if you pay for a month and sell your item after 2 weeks, you will not be issued a refund. Any remaining funds will be credited to your account. However, if your (paid for) classified ad is inadvertently omitted, we will be happy to run it the following week or issue a credit for future use.
WHAT YOU GET FOR THE MONEY:
•Unlimited weekly exposure on our website for the duration of your "paid for" time (photo classified web exposure includes photo as well as text)
•Exposure in our easy-to-read Secondhand News Plus printed version (estimated 19,000-PLUS readership), distributed primarily in Ashe, Wilkes, Watauga, and Alleghany counties
CLASSIFIED ADS THAT ARE PAID INCLUDE (but are not limited to) the FOLLOWING:
- Individual items, animals or vehicles selling for more than $300. (Items selling for $300 or less may be advertised free of charge IF the price is listed in the ad.)
- Ads that include more than 1 item and the collectively listed prices exceed $300
- “Make Offer” ads that do not list a price
- All Hay, Firewood, Christmas Trees (for sale or wanted), Nursery Plants and Timber (for sale or wanted) are $3.50/per ad per week
- Farm Produce/Products
- Animal Services as well as animals for which service fees are charged, ie: “at stud” are $3.50/per ad per week
- Dog or cat breeders, as well as ads for dogs or puppies priced over $100 each or over $100 collectively
- Yard Sales, $3.50/per ad per week
- Auctions, Thrift Shops & Flea Markets,$3.50/per ad per week
- Any and all rentals or leases, $3.50/per ad per week
- Any and all services offered on a part-time or work from home basis, ie: Babysitting, Elder Care, Weed Trimming, etc., $3.50/per ad per week
- Business Opportunities offered, $3.50/per ad per week
- Classes offered
FREE CLASSIFIED ADS INCLUDE (but are not limited to) the FOLLOWING:
(Free ads may run up to 8 weeks at no charge; after 8 weeks, they will be charged at the normal rate, but may run as long as desired. If you sell your item, please call us right away so that we can take it out of the paper.)
- Items that are being given away
- Items selling for $300 or less IF the price is listed in the ad
- Employment classifieds
- Community or church announcements.
- Generalized want ads
- Special messages, greetings, cards of thanks
TO PLACE A BUSINESS CLASSIFIED OR A DISPLAY (BOX) AD, PLEASE CALL 336-846-7469
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CLASSIFIED AD:
You may phone, email, (snail) mail or fax— find information below. Or, you may drop it by our office— 101 N. Jefferson Ave. (inside Baron Cooper Photography Studio), West Jefferson, open Monday-Friday, from 8:30 am-5 pm.
HOW TO CANCEL A CLASSIFIED AD:
To cancel your classified ad, please call our office, 336-846-7469, or email: email@example.com. Make sure your email includes the phone number used in the classified ad.
BUSINESS DEFINED: A person or persons, partnership or corporation selling a product or providing a service (including housing) on an ongoing basis, for the purpose of making a profit, as opposed to John Doe selling his car, or Jane Doe selling a piece of furniture.
THE FINE PRINT: Secondhand News Plus, publishers, reserve the right to limit the number of ads placed by a single party. Secondhand News Plus, publishers, will not knowingly accept or publish advertising which is fraudulent or misleading in nature. Secondhand News Plus reserves the sole right to edit, revise or reject any and all advertising with or without cause being assigned, which in our judgment is unwholesome or contrary to the interest of this publication. Secondhand News Plus assumes no financial responsibility for typographical errors in advertisement, but if at fault, will reprint the classified ad (or) that portion of the (display) ad in which the error appears.
Mail your classifieds (with check, if required) to:
Secondhand News Plus,
PO Box 979
West Jefferson, NC 28694
(Please be sure to write the telephone number (used in your ad) on your check to ensure proper credit).